From sun exposure to poor lifestyle choices, there are many contributors to dark and dull skin. Environmental pollution, certain medical conditions, elevated stress levels and constant use of chemical-based cosmetics can also contribute to such. If you have grown tired to the usual methods of achieving a fairer, more flawless complexion, it is high time to consider sandalwood for skin lightening recipes which you can do by yourself.
Sandalwood For Skin Lightening Recipes
Many people work hard to achieve healthier and much fairer skin. However, cosmetic OTC brands in the market are not only expensive, but they may also prove to be harmful to the skin in the long run. So, why not save yourself time and money by using these sandalwood-based natural remedies.
Recipe #1. Refreshing Flawlessness
1tbsp. organic yogurt (unflavored), 1tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 1tbsp. sandalwood powder.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and apply to the face.
- Leave the mask on until it dries.
- Wash thoroughly by massaging the face in a round motion to exfoliate and feel the difference.
Benefits: The potent lightening power of lemon juice when combined with sandalwood’s skin repair capabilities plus the lactic acid in yogurt will help to deliver fairer, supple and highly moisturized skin.
Recipe #2. Glowing Beauty
4tbsp. sandalwood powder, 2tbsp. of honey, 2tbsp raw milk and a few drops of almond oil.
- Mix the base ingredients thoroughly.
- Massage gently to the skin in circular motion for approximately 10 minutes.
- Let it stay for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Benefits: Best for normal to dry skin, this DIY facial mask delivers skin lightening and softening effects effectively. Milk, honey and almond oil are known to be potent in addressing uneven skin tone and lightening dark spots. Sandalwood adds more potency to these by instilling its potent healing properties.
Recipe #3. Goodbye to Pores
1tbsp. fine sandalwood powder and organic or freshly squeezed tomato juice
- Carefully squeeze tomato juice.
- In a glass bowl, mix fine sandalwood powder with tomato juice to create a paste.
- Apply to the face thoroughly.
- Leave it on for approximately 5 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Benefits: Tomatoes and sandalwood have long been known as an agent to smooth, rosy and glowing skin. Apart from that, the combined power of these two ingredients also helps shrink enlarged or open pores. This face pack is highly recommended for oily and acne-prone skin.
Recipe #4. Chandan Full Throttle Effect
4 pinches turmeric, 2tbsp sandalwood or Chandan powder, and rose water.
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl to create a paste.
- Massage gently to the face for 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for another 5 minutes for the skin to absorb.
- Rinse with cold water thoroughly.
Benefits: Primarily used to lighten and moisturize skin, this Chandan recipe also helps relieve pimples and acne when used on a daily basis. Some also add a drop of lavender oil to create a potent topical cream to cure swelling from insect bites. It also works as an insect repellent when used as a lotion to the arms and legs.
Recipe #5. Pigmentation No More
4tbsp. lemon juice, 2tbsp sandalwood powder, and 2tbsp rose water.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly to create a paste.
- Apply mix on the face, neck, arms and other areas where uneven pigmentation marks are evident.
- Leave the paste on for approximately 30 minutes.
- Rinse completely using cold water.
Benefits: Lemon juice is known for its potent power in delivering fairer skin from within. With the added healing properties and whitening power of sandalwood powder, clearing pigmentation marks while delivering smooth, flawless and clearer skin can be achieved.
When it comes to generating smoother, fairer skin, these sandalwood recipes for skin lightening paste can only do so much. One must also practice a healthy and stress-free lifestyle to optimize results. Munch on fruits rich in lightening properties like tomatoes, melons, berries, apples or pears. Infuse vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and broccoli, cabbage, turnips, spinach, peppers or winter squash to your daily diet, too. Add up Omega-3 rich fish like tuna, sardines or salmon to finally achieve a skin that does not only glow but also one that does not age.