Women have a secret love affair with their hair. If there’s one part of their body that gets all the attention, it is most likely going to be their mane of glory. Most of them constantly dream of lustrous flowing tresses. But due to regular styling, bleaching, and dying, the hair ultimately becomes weak, dry and brittle. To restore moisture, you may have overstocked on hair products that simply fall short of your expectations. When all else seem to be impossible, however, one remedy remains—sandalwood oil for hair.
Benefits of Sandalwood Oil for Hair
Sandalwood oil is renowned for its multitude of use in Ayurveda, an ancient medical practice in Asia, and in various cultural and spiritual ceremonies across the globe. Extracted from the heartwood of the Santalum tree, sandalwood oil is rich in sesquiterpenes that contain antiseptic, antiphlogistic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, carminative, cicatrizant, disinfectant, and various other properties to promote good health, sound mind, and clear skin and hair.
Sandalwood oil for hair is considered non-toxic making it safe for use in both adults and children alike. It is also commonly used by many people as a hair straightening agent making it a favorite among many women and men with wavy hair. It also helps add extra shine or sheen to a dry lackluster mane. Often, it is used in spas as a relaxing massage to both hair and scalp leaving it moisturized. By massaging the scalp, it helps stimulate blood circulation for optimal hair growth, too. Additionally, it also helps get rid of excess sebum on oily scalp leaving it balanced and dandruff-free.No wonder many shampoos and conditioners intended to cure dry damaged hair contains the sandalwood oil ingredient.
Simple Sandalwood Recipes for Hair
If you have dry, damaged and unruly hair, you are most likely using a strong shampoo or hair solution. Perhaps, blow drying is also your daily routine leaving your hair broken after all the pulling, twisting and teasing. As your daily routine depletes your hair of its usual shine and nourishment, the need to replenish needed moisture with the use of sandalwood oil on a daily basis will definitely bring those lost nutrients back—complete with a burst of exotic fragrance that you will truly love.
To get you started, here are some sandalwood oil for hair recipes to get your lustrous hair back. Be sure to give them a try to see the difference they can make in your hair.:
1. To bring back natural hair shine
- 4-8 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- 1 drop of jojoba oil
Mix sandalwood oil with jojoba oil. Apply to dry hair after shower concentrating on the tips or ends. This will help retain moisture as well as enhance hair sheen.
2. To condition hair
- 4-8 drops of sandalwood oil
Add 4-8 drops of sandalwood essential oil to a small bucket of water for your final rinse. This is great when trying to straighten hair without having to go through all the hassles of shampooing and conditioning.
3. For scalp massage
- 4-5 drops of sandalwood oil
- 2 drops of your choice of carrier oil (Argan oil to tame frizz or Apricot kernel oil to prevent split ends or Neem seed oil for dry itchy scalp)
Mix both sandalwood oil and carrier oil then, massage to the scalp. Use a circular motion to soothe and cleanse as well as reduce inflammation. Doing the same also helps increase blood flow to nourish follicles. This can be done daily or at least 4 times a week. For best results, leave it on without rinsing.
4. To tame frizzy hair
- 4-8 drops of sandalwood oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
Add sandalwood drops into the ¼ cup water. Carefully mix this with the orange juice and honey. Apply the complete mixture to a freshly shampooed hair. Let it stand for approximately 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing.
Time to let go of those non-organic hair products that promise the sun yet fail to deliver even the clouds. When your hair is at its breaking point, it is high time to seek out the counsel of the ancients and use sandalwood oil for hair. With this, you can guarantee to get back super lustrous shinier and stronger hair.
Incoming search terms:
- sandalwood oil for hair (10)
- best sandalwood oil for hair growth (1)
- sandalwood powder hair benefits (1)
- sandalwood powder for hair (1)
- sandalwood powder benefits for hair (1)
- sandalwood oil for hair growth (1)
- sandalwood oil for hair growtg (1)
- sandalwood oil and hair (1)
- sandalwood essential oil for hair (1)
- Sandal wood oil edible for hair growth (1)
- sandal oil for hair (1)
- red sandalwood oil for hair (1)
- red sandalwood for hair (1)
- https://sandalwoodheaven com/a-magical-glimpse-on-sandalwood-oil-for-hair/ (1)
- how to use sandalwood oil for hair (1)
- how to apply sandlewood oil to hair (1)
- how sandalwood oil is good for hair (1)
- Effect of Chandan on hair (1)
- sandalwood shampoo for hair growth (1)