People live such stressful lives these days that proper skincare always takes a backseat. This often leads to pesky skin breakouts which, if not addressed immediately can lead to scarring and acne—two of the most hideous aftermaths. If you are familiar with Sandalwood paste, an ancient skincare remedy used mainly in the Southeast particularly on Ayurveda practices, then you should know by now that its anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties can provide a soothing, cooling and cleansing effect to deter microbes and get rid of toxic elements on skin. When thinking of starting on a natural skincare regimen, here’s how to make sandalwood paste for daily skincare.
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon (or more depending on consistency choice) glycerin, water, rosewater or almond milk
- a dash of turmeric (optional)
Step #1. Buy authentic organic sandalwood powder. Due to the popularity of the product, many unscrupulous suppliers these days have also proliferated the online market selling bogus products made to resemble sandalwood. Amazon is a good place for a start or, if you are lucky, a nearby organic dispensary will definitely make the search easier.
Step #2. Add a teaspoon of sandalwood powder into a non-stick bowl. Use glass, ceramic or silver to easily make out the paste later on.
Step #3. To make a paste, there is a battery of choices for you to choose from—distilled water, glycerin, rosewater or almond milk. Each of this liquid can amplify the power of your paste. Glycerin and almond milk, for instance, provide moisturizing effects to the skin preventing it from becoming dry and flaky. Rosewater also helps hydrate and tone the skin leaving pores tighter. Add a teaspoon of any of these into the powder.
Step #4. Mix well. Add more of your liquid base depending on consistency you want. Feel free to add a dash of turmeric for more potency.
Step #5. Check carefully for consistency. Make sure there is no bubbling or unmixed powder.
Step #6. Store in a glass airtight container (like the one above) for daily use.
Step #7. To apply, massage and leave it on skin for approximately 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry skin afterwards.
Knowing how to make sandalwood paste is just the beginning to a great and effective skincare regimen. To enjoy optimal results, apply this at least 3 times a week. After 2-3 weeks, you will easily feel the difference. Skin will be visibly clearer, hydrated and moisturized. Acne will naturally go away and scars will visibly become lighter.
Incoming search terms:
- how to make sandalwood paste (17)
- how to grind sandalwood to powder (15)
- how to grind sandalwood to powder at home (13)
- how to make sandalwood powder from wood (4)
- how to make sandalwood powder (3)
- how to crush sandalwood stick (3)
- how to make sandalwood paste from stick (2)
- how to make dried sandal wood as powder (2)
- sandalwood paste (2)
- making sandalwood paste (2)
- sandalwood powder not sticky on skin (2)
- how to make tika from chadan powder (1)
- how to make sandle paste (1)
- how to sandalwood paste (1)
- how to powderize red sandalwood at home (1)
- how to make red sandal wood paste easily using red sandal wood piece (1)
- How to make powder sand (1)
- how to make chandan tika (1)
- how to grind sandalwood (1)
- what do need to make sandle wood paste (1)