The beard is the new ultimate male accessory and beard balm is the ultimate styling maintenance it requires. If you or your man is growing a beard in the last three to months or so, it is only fitting to find the perfect styling product that makes it feel softer and more manageable—like your crowning. Yep! You heard it right. In the same way as you will be needing a conditioner for your hair, a beard balm is needed to keep your facial hair maintain its natural softness. But with countless commercial products available today, why do you own sandalwood lemongrass beard balm recipe?
DIY Beard Balm Perks
Making your own beard balm has its many perks. One of such is to save on cost. Without a doubt, beard balm cost money and a single mound can only last for so long when you need to style that much facial hair on a daily basis.
So, think about saving hundreds of dollars for just a few weeks worth of beard maintenance with a DIY sandalwood lemongrass beard balm recipe that’s so easy to make in your own kitchen. All you need is the quintessential ingredients: beeswax, butters, carrier oils and essential oils—and voila! You have a beard softener and styling cream that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Another important aspect in concocting your own beard balm is that you get to control all the ingredients. Commercial products have synthetic blends to it. By making your own concoction, like this sandalwood lemongrass beard balm recipe, you can guarantee that all ingredients are natural and have no added chemicals hazardous to the facial hair or the skin underneath.
Here, let’s take a good look at one of the easiest to do sandalwood lemongrass beard balm recipe..,
Sandalwood Lemongrass Beard Balm Recipe
Aside from skincare, sandalwood is actually a great element in maintaining hair’s natural glow. Lemongrass, on the other hand, is known to strengthen hair follicles and prevent hair loss. These two then, makes the perfect ingredients to maintaining the beard and the skin underneath.
To make your own sandalwood-lemon grass beard balm, you will need the following:
- 1 ½ tablespoons shaved beeswax
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 15 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- 7 drops of lemongrass oil
- 1 4-oz tin with tight lid
- Melt shea butter combined with coconut oil into a double boiler. Stir thoroughly in low heat without making it go for a boil.
- Add the beeswax and stir once again, until fully melted.
- Remove the golden liquid away from heat.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then, add the essential oils.
- Stir when slowly adding the essential oils.
- Pour into the tin can and let sit for at least 45 minutes.
- Store in a cool dry place and away from sunlight when hardened.
Indeed, making your own beard maintenance system can’t be that hard to do. It helps you save money and ensures that all ingredients are natural. This sandalwood lemongrass beard balm recipe is a perfect manifestation of that. To make as gift, simply add a label, place in a box, and gift-wrap. Will make a great special occasion handcrafted present!